Saturday, August 4, 2007

Vacation!!

Well, it is vacation for me! The past week was very busy and staffing was a daily challenge. As I think about the future and the increasing nursing shortage, it really worries me. I will continue my quest to search for information on the nursing shortage and to share more strategies to effectively deal with the shortage. But for now, I am looking forward to some quiet, relaxing time with my family in the mountains of Vermont.

Thursday August 2, 2007 was the first anniversary of Paul Levy's Running a Hospital Blog, congratulations to him. He shares wonderful information on his blog and if you haven't checked it out, I encourage you to do so.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Me too! My plane leaves @ 7:45 in the morning. Finishing up grading, packing and I'm off to CA. Enjoy yours Linda, your BLOG is a great activity and contribution to the discussion about the nursing shortage. I hope you continue - I will check back.
Catherine

Linda's Blog said...

Thanks Catherine, we are leaving this morning as well. Have a wonderful time. Yes, indeed, I am planning to continue my blog. It is such a value to me and I am learning so much! Talk to you soon.

Chris said...

Excellent blog Linda, enjoy your vacation. We will miss you but we will also "hold down the fort" while you are gone! I love Vermont, enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much, Linda. Glad you are getting time off!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda-
I just found your blog via my Google alert "nursing shortage". How exciting! I've started a business to try and address the nursing shortage. As you know, we need to increase education capacity on one end and make sure nurses are supported and nurtured on the other. Check out my website for more info on both www.theatticusgroup.com

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.